Sunday, January 13, 2008

America's Next Top Dork

The "watch out I'm gonna crash!" photo.-You see these types of pictures in Vogue magazine.

The "cheap prop picture"-hey, we were very low-budget!

The "look super happy shot" Victoria, was laughing because I kept screaming at her to "smile BIG!"

The "I have a drug problem and eating disorder shot" - very high-fashion.




I know I will regret posting this, but this is what made me bond with my little sister while on vacation. In case you didn't know, I have a 14 year age gap with my younger sister, Victoria (10 years old). To be honest, I have never seen her as a sister, more like my own kid. We definitely have had a parent-child relationship...up until now. While on break, and due to very cold weather, Victoria and I found ourselves watching a VH1 America's Next Top Model marathon (it's embarrassing to admit to it, but it's true). Vicky is a very smart and precocious little kid - she acts like she's 14 or something. Anyway, after watching like the 10th episode she suggested that we should take pictures to see if we were model material. In the show (in case you haven't seen it) what they do is take pictures of the girls, usually in weird themes or as they call it "high fashion" and then the judges decide if the girls are model material by the outcome of the pictures. At the judging they eliminate a girl until they are left with "America's Next Top Model". Anyway, here are some photos from our photo shoot. There are no themes in our pictures...well, there is the "take a picture while in the air theme" or "here let me look starved" pic. Anyway, I felt like a kid playing dress up, and had so much fun with my little sister that I really felt like we finally connected. -Ok, enjoy my embarrassing pics!


PS-

We we both eliminated from the competition.

5 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I'm the youngest, but I always thought it would be fun to play with a younger sibling. Now I can just play with my 3 kids instead:)

You could be a model Jaz! You hot mama!

Hope you like your new header:)

Marcie said...

Those are the best pictures! I have a whole shoe box full of ones like those from going up. I have a brother 10 years younger and sometime it is hard to connect. That is cool that you got that chance though. We sure miss you guys!

Jill said...

I don't think you girls would be eliminated - these pictures are so fun and definitely Next Top Modelish. And by the way, I do love that show as embarrassing as that may be.

Lyssa Beth said...

You are so hilarious and obviously bored on your break. But I too love that show...Joe and I both watch it. We think it's so funny, especially the gay "runway walking" judge...anyways, love that and I used to do that with my friends as well. We even did some outdoor shots...I love thinking i'm a model..

The Shirleys said...

HOw fun! You guys will always remember the time you took model pictures. It will be the family dinner conversation for years to come!