Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day of School!

Ready for school!
Matthew saw his name outside his classroom and was in shock! "How do they know me?!"
Posing for the camera...
Making friends!



On August 25th 2008 marked the beginning of Matthew's Elementary School career. He has had a great week, and I can happily report that he LOVES IT! Already, he's acting more "mature" it's so cute! He's goes to school every day for 3 hours, and has made lots of new friends and already has some playdate invites! I didn't know what to expect from school when I dropped him off, last Monday. I was sure it was going to be sad for me, since it is such a big milestone for him, yet he just walked into class, looked around with a HUGE smile and quickly found some friends! before I left I wanted to give him a kiss, but he was so excited he just waved and said; " bye mom, see you later!" I walked out and couldn't believe it! he was like so GROWN UP! and that's how it's been all week! It's funny, because when I go and pick him up he now says; " I worked hard mom, just like daddy!" Today, Steve and I rewarded him with a trip to CiCi's pizza, and he went on to tell us about all the stuff he had done. We are so happy and excited for him! At this pace, we might have another YALE alumni in our home!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so glad that Matthew loves school! That's so cute! He does look grown up. I loved your "princess and the pee" too - very clever. And I can't believe Olivia is really in nursery! Wasn't she just born? Anyway...cute updates!

Jantzen and Stephanie said...

Matthew looks so proud of himself and so excited! That's wonderful he loves school so much! What a little man!