Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Matthew's Pre-K Winter PaRtY!

Snowflakes! I kept the room decor simple, but festive.

We played, stick the nose on Rudolph! I had these stickers from when we were moving, and they came in pretty handy!

One of the parents had a Santa suit and was able to visit and pass out the goody bags! The kids LOVED IT!

We made Popsicle stick ornaments. I got this idea off PARENTS magazine.

Finished product! The kids loved all the different color buttons!


Catching up time! I'm happy to report that Matthew's class Winter party was a success! I signed up to be a class ROOM PARENT, and I'm in charge of planning the "Winter" party (can you believe you can't say Christmas party anymore?!) as well as the Valentine party for his Pre-K class. The way it works is that the teacher gives me some guidelines as to what they want to sort of see, and then you do the rest. The party had to have a game, a goody bag for each child and a craft. They wanted the party to be about fun, and not the food. San Antonio is the most obese city in Texas, and the PTA wanted to see more play than cupcakes and cookies. So, I planned a cute game and a craft that took most of the time to do. One of the parents brought a Christmas cookie and capri suns for the kids, so the kids didn't over eat...and they all had a good time. OK, almost all. Matthew refused to participate in the activities! My own child! He was embarrassed that I was there! Isn't he too young for that?! Anyway, I think deep down he had fun. Now I need to start planning the Valentines party! Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jantzen and Stephanie said...

You are amazing Jazmin! The party looks awesome! Happy 2009!

Martins said...

Wow, that was a lot of work. Great job! That's too funny that matthew was embarrassed!