This AWESOME invite was the creation of Jennifer Ray! she makes custom invites for 10 bucks! I will affix a link to that blog soon!
The goodie bags where inspired by the paper bag that Olivia the pig puts over her head to scare her little brother in the book. Steve thinks I need to explain this, because they look scary!
WOW! Linsay Jarvis, again stepped up to the challenge of making custom cakes for me and passed with flying colors! Seriously, what am I gonna do when when she moves?! btw the little pig sunbathes in the story so, Linsay made the piggy in a bathing suit sunbathing on the beachsand! She crushed cookies to make it look like she's laying on sand!
Everyone sang happy birthday, and Olivia actually blew out her candle! I didn't think she knew how, but she did it!
Since her birthday was inspired by the "OLIVIA" books, I thought it was only appropriate to read it to the kiddos! They seemed to like it!Olivia is 2! I cannot believe how fast time has passed! Even though, her birthday was on Monday, we decided to throw a party for her on Saturday because Steve was going to be home early that day. Anyway, originally I wanted to take Olivia to build a bear for her bday, but after talking to my mom, Steve and I thought it would be good to throw a little party for her. The problem is, that once I get an idea in my head it snowballs to something bigger! We have been reading the book "OLIVIA" since she was a baby. I think anyone who has a daughter named "Olivia", owns the books or has at least read them. Anyway, the book is by Ian Falconer and he has written different stories about the life of a very hyper little pig named Olivia. What I like about the books is the illustrations. The book is illustrated in 3 colors (red, black & white) and it looks so simple, but kids love them! So, I chose the book as the theme for the party. With a theme at hand I wanted to get invites and decor going but it was hard to find stuff! this piggy is not popular for parties! there were no invites on the internet or anything. Luckily our ward is filled with super crafty, artsy people that I knew exactly who to call for the job! Jennifer Ray made our Christmas card, so I asked if she could do a OLIVIA card, and she made that little beauty above! Once I had that down, I looked for the cake. I thought, if the cake is not good, the party won't be as cool as I want. Again, I called Linsay Jarvis and she made the cake I wanted a reality! HEART her talent! Lastly, I made the banner with some scrap paper and read the Olivia book story to the kiddos! It was great! BTW all the people who came over were her little friends from the LEARNING PLAYGROUP. I always feel bad for not inviting everyone we know, but our apt is stinking small! Anywho, I can now rest! I get so stressed out planning things, that I'm glad is over now. PHEW! Now, I get to look back at the pictures and see how much fun Olivia had, and how much we appreciate our friends in SA!




11 comments:
That looks like it was so fun. We're so sad that we missed it. Happy Birthday again, Olivia!
How fun!! Happy 2nd Birthday! I love the Olivia books - they're great. I like that you made that the theme of her party. Cute, cute.
Oh it looks like it turned out so great and was so fun! I love that cake! Thanks for letting me do the card :).
You did a really good job! I'm sorry that Carly and I missed it! I hope you saved me some cake.
Awww - it's adorable! I love theme parties for little kids - you did a great job. Happy Bday Olivia!
Olivia's birthday party was decorated so cute! You are so creative. I am always amazed by all your decorating and crafts.
Hey i saw a comercial for a carton about Olivia on Nick, i think it said it was starting next monday, I don't know if you have Nick. Just thought I'd let you know. can't remeber what time though.
Happy Birthday, Olivia! Her party turned out SOOO cute - good job, Jazmin! You should start a party business!
Can't belive we missed it! It looks perfect as always! Happy Birthday Olivia!
Happy Birthday Olivia! I love the decorations and the cake. You did a great job, looks like everyone had so much fun!
I am feeling like a stinky mom now....I have NEVER gone to this extreme for any of my kids birthdays! It looks great and you are such a crafty gal!
Post a Comment