Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love notes! everyone got special mail, on the days leading up to Valentine's!

Grandma and Grandpa Gibbons sent the kids so fun folder games and FHE lessons! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sweet heart sayings! This toy looks like sweets, but it teaches you how to build sentences and read! the best part? Matthew thinks it's super fun, and dosn't suspect that he's learning!

The kids woke up to this display in the morning! They were so happy!

How cute is this puzzle? It looks good enough to eat! but it teaches basic shapes and colors!
Matthew's fake smile! he is just such a preschooler now!

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day! We did! Just this year, I have started to celebrate things for the kids, and so far we have started some fun traditions. We did our mailbox thing, and left each other love messages, and treats. I really got into Valentine's this year! Matthew really enjoys all the little things I do, and that makes me get really into doing fun things for them. On Valentine's day, the kids woke up to some "sweet sayings" on the wall, and balloons all over the house! Grandma Gibbons sent us folder games and FHE packets! I have been wanting those forever! thanks Grandma! I also found valentine's inspired toys that are not only fun but educational! I highly recommend the "smart snacks!" Olivia got a "chocolate box" puzzle that she loves putting together, and teaches colors and shapes! Matthew got "sweet heart sayings!" It's just a jar full of "sweet hearts" with words on it, and it teaches how to build sentences! When I found those, I knew I had to get them! Of course it's not all fun and games, this whole month we will keep talking about service, and kindness to the kids, stuff that Matthew has been learning at school too. To top it off Steve and I went to the movies and enjoyed a fun evening together! I hope you all had a great little holiday! What do you do to celebrate Valentine's?

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! I shouldn't be surprised that you did all those darling and creative things. We didn't end up doing anything! I need to start making traditions too!

Sincerely said...

I think you suspect me of being secretly LDS. Nope, still Methodist. :)

I also got this really cute vinyl art for my walls and I thought you would think it was funny.

And one of my close girlfriends is LDS and she took advantage of my bird flu fears and convinced me to keep a stockpile of food. :) Hey, a good idea is a good idea.