Friday, September 18, 2009

Matthew's first day of Kindergarden!

So handsome!

Matthew gets tired of pictures, very quickly!

Can you tell we were tired?!

Mommy and Matty. I think deep down, he's a mamma's boy!

Matthew started kindergarden! I know I'm like a month late, but Steve has been studying and has taken the computer with him, so I never had the computer for longer than like 5 min. -literally. Anyway, Matthew started a week late since we went to Dallas for Steve's rotation and I just really can't believe that he's actually in school full time! He was so excited to go back to school and meet new friends! It was surprisingly easy for me to drop him off for a full day (I think the longer summer away from home helped with that) but as the week went on, I just really missed him! I love my boy! He's sooo BIG! I often think back at when he was a little toddler and how much I struggled with him, and I just miss that! I see little bits of Matthew in the little kids I teach in nursery, and realize now, that time does fly! Oh, how I miss cuddling with him on Saturday mornings while watching the Wiggles. I miss how he loved eating whatever I gave him even though, I didn't know how to cook. How he would pretend to throw up along side me when I was pregnant with Olivia (weird, but funny too) and how for the first year of Medical school it was just me and him all day, everyday. He was my buddy. I love you Matty, you are so bright and sweet. I hope you know that we are sooooo very proud of you! and we know you will accomplish anything you go after, because you are that type a guy!

4 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Man you were busy last month! But I don't blame you since Steve was gone!
That's got to be weird that Mattie is in Kindergarden now. But it's also got to be nice spending alone time with Olivia too! And before you konw it, she'll be there too..WEIRD!
And I seriously LOL with Mattie pretending to throw up beside you...too cute.
If you ever want to talk or are bored since you have no computer, call me! I have no friends...haa haa

Courtney said...

So crazy that he's that old, I still remember him when he was a little two year old in nursery. So cute and quiet! Oh and I love that he would pretend to throw up, so sweet and funny!

Stephanie said...

So fun to see your blog and catch up! It feels so long since we have seen you guys especially seeing how grown up and tall Matthew and Olivia are. And medical school is so difficult and such a sacrifice for the ENTIRE family, but we just have to have faith that one day, just maybe, school will END!

The McClendons said...

I didn't realize he was starting Kindergarten but I guess it's about that time. How fun! How are the schools there?