Saturday, October 3, 2009

My How They've Grown

It's Conference weekend - more info about what that means here - so I am enjoying the broadcasts via the internet (see the previous post about no tv).

It's a beautiful day in Memphis. Sunny, windy, in the 70s. It would be a great day to watch Matty ride his bike, and to push Oli in the stroller on my blades, listening to her giggle as we go over speed bumps. Jaz would be telling me to slow down. Adults would wonder who the nerd on skates is.

I was thinking about the kids and how fast they have grown up, so I thought it would be fun to take a brief stroll down memory lane to see just how much they have grown in the last couple of years.


Oli, and a nurse's watch.


Olivia, with wings...or being attacked by some type of giant caterpillar.



Oli and her long tongue - friends forever.


Oli, happy despite having boy's hair.


I also am a fan of eating snacks while crouched behind small soccer goals.


Camping and staying warm in Matthew's clothes.


Matty and I used to love napping together - and he would sweat like crazy.


So handsome.


Tiny Shrek, Donkey, and Hottie.


Waterfalls make us all happy.


1920s paperboy and fish girl.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pictures! Thanks!!
However, the one of Oli eating snacks behind the soccer goal... looks like she is playing with matches...

Love,
Mom G

The Shirleys said...

It is always fun to look back and see how kids have grown. Each picture holds a special memory.

I love your family pictures. Your kids are getting so big! Good luck with your rotation!