Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kids ROoM

The room after we moved in...
I didn't want to do primary colors in a gender neutral space but I wanted it to be super fun! So I went with a green color that looks bright but not overpowering.
My little magnet board that I used in the kitchen found a new home in the kids room. I love that they can display their school work.

I'm really into orange right now, so I wanted orange to be the accent color in their room, but only sprinkles of it and then I went to Joann's and found these crazy big cardboard letters, so I got them and spray paint them and I love the way they turned out! Just enough orange for that wall!
Made these curtains from some cute fabric I found at Joann's. The best part? I got the fabric 50% off! so the total cost of the curtains were 8 bucks! Not bad for two panels! ;)


This is the first room I have "finished" in our house. I plan on tackling one room at a time, and I think this is good for the kids now. It has taken me a loooong time to finish this room, mainly because of money and time restraints but thankfully it's done! The room has been very challenging to say the least. For one, it is long and narrow, and the door to the room is at an angle. So, I had to find the right size beds, and try to cram as much functionality into the small space. It has definitely been a labor of love, and it works! Anyway, enough of my gibberish, here are the pics!

No comments: