Saturday, October 27, 2007

Matthew's visit to the Dentist

My cute boy.

He's so brave!!

Matthew didn't cry or get upset!! The dentist loved him!!

All done!!! He was excited to get a cool car and toothbrush!

He got a cleaning and two back molars sealed.



I have to admit that thanks to the Twighlight books, I have been cooped up at home reading nonstop for the past few days, even missing playgroup!!! Yeah, I know...Anyway, I need to catch up on some posts and this is one of my favorite ones! I took Matty to the dentist last week to get his routine checkup - this is his second visit to the dentist since he was 2 so we really needed to go. It looks like he's going to have my type of teeth because I rarely go to the dentist and when I go my teeth are always cavity free. This was the case with him, but still they went ahead and sealed 2 back molars as the dentist thought that was necessary to avoid the possibility of future cavities on his teeth. Anyway, when she told me that, I was praying that Matthew would let the dentist do her stuff without freaking out. We saw a little girl leaving right when we got there screaming that something hurt! So, I was really hoping he would behave well. The dentist was awesome and gave him a hand mirror for him to see what she was doing. And to my surprise, Matthew was so brave and calm throughout the whole process!!! He actually enjoyed the dentist, and the dentist LOVED HIM!! She told me that kids his age would not have lasted long enough to seal two teeth and so, she gave him the biggest car they had in their reward "treasure chest" for behaving so well! I was so proud of him, he was like a grown up!! I had to take pictures of him while this was happening - he's so mature!! Anyway, I guess I'm just a proud mama...

4 comments:

The Shirleys said...

Way to go Matthew!! I don't even dare think about taking Bradley to see the dentist. He won't hold still for Andy so I am not even going to try yet. Matthew is an inspiration to all!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

WOW, you have to tell me your secrets for getting him to be so good!!! Josh is almost 5 and STILL hasn't been to the dentist. He freaks out even when mentioning it to him (even with his dad and grandpa now being his dentist!!) Good Job Matthew.

Jamie Smith said...

Good job Matthew!!! Actually doing sealants I have to agree with the dentist! If a 3 year old can actually hold still long enough to do sealants that's impressive! Everyone should get all their teeth sealed, that's my opinion anyways! They help a lot, along with flouride!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! He sounds like his daddy - being mesmorized by holding the mirror to see what they are doing. I really hope he has your teeth and not Steve's! We had lots of trips to the Dentist for cavities and braces.