For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to clean the house but always end up stopping without being able to get everything done. Since Olivia is walking and starting to cut out her morning nap, I just can't seem to clean as much as I want. Matthew has always been good about staying out of the way for me to clean. But Olivia is totally different. She LOVES to see what I'm doing and get in on the action. Anyway, after removing her from the cleaning stuff for like the 100th time, I decided to put her in her playpen and pop in a BABY EINSTEIN video for her to watch. Matthew has outgrown those videos, and since we don't have another TV he decided to help me clean! He volunteered!!! SHOCKER! Matty was sweeping while I was washing down the tub, and then helped dry the tub with a little rag. After that, he put on mommy's plastic gloves (I hate doing the toilet with bare hands!) and "helped" with washing the toilet. By the end of our bathroom clean up, I figured he would be tired, but he wanted to mop the floor. He looked so cute with the huge mop! But he actually did a good job! He told me, "mommy, I worked hard today!" I was so happy that he helped me. I really appreciate all his hard work! Anyway, I had to post these pictures b/c it makes me proud to be his mom!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Mommy's Little Helper
Posted by
Unknown
at
1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
What a cutie!! I love when the actually WANT to help clean. It's such a nice break from the norm!
How cute!! Go Matthew for being an awesome helper!! It's times like that that give you hope for the future generation. :) Thanks for being a great mom and letting him help!!
What a big helper. Let's just hope he keeps it up!
That is too cute of Matthew mopping the floor. I am glad he is a good helper for you!
He's so cute! You've taught him well! If you could just get Olivia on board, you'd have a whole cleaning crew. You wouldn't have to lift a finger!
Matthew is such a good helper. These pictures are just too cute!
What a little sweetheart!
I started laughing when I read what his shirt says! that is so funny. I'll know who to call when I need help with my house chores.
Post a Comment