Tuesday, November 11, 2008

THE BEST DAY EVER!!! and THE WORST DAY EVER!!!



****UPDATE!****
It turns out there was autograph signing, somehow my mom missed it! My little sister is not pleased...

"THE BEST DAY EVER!!!"- Victoria Jaime

So, my 10 year old sister Vicky got the chance to meet EDWARD CULLEN!!! She woke up this morning so early, and got ready for school and was counting down the minutes until she got off school to run to see Robert Pattinson at the mall! Robert Pattinson was in Dallas today, at the Galleria mall - which by the way is 3 minutes away from my sister's elementary school, and 15 away from my mom's house. Where was I? HERE IN SAN ANTONIO, ABOUT 5 HOURS AWAY TO BE EXACT!!! Anyway, my little sis had to wait in line for 4 hours to see Robert for a total of 10 minutes! Can you say rip off?!!! Well she did see him pass by and was close enough to the stage so a least she saw him kind of up close! She called me tonight to tell me all the details which include the following:

-OMG!!! HE'S SO CUTE!
-HE'S REALLY SKINNY!
-HE'S EDWARD!!!
-HE'S AS TALL AS STEVE!!!

So, she got a shirt at Hot Topic, and is sooooo into Twilight!!! I guess because I talked so much about it, I transferred the craziness to her! So, that was the best day ever for her!

This is my mom's side of the story.

"THE WORST DAY EVER!" Carmen Mendoza - aka my mommy!

My mom woke up this morning, dropped my little sis up at school, went to work, didn't eat lunch so she could get out of work early to stand in line at the mall so that when my step-dad picked up my little sis from school and dropped her off at the mall they would be ahead of the line. When my mom got there at around 3pm there were about 100 people. At about 4 or so there where like 2000 screaming girls!!! I guess most got there after they got off school or something, so my mom was glad she was in line. My little sister arrives at the mall, so excited, ready to see Robert Pattinson. My mom has no clue who he is or why he's famous. She just took my little sis because she has been so excited about the movie, and it was close to home so she was like, ok sure. At this time my mom is STARVING! So is my little sis. They can't leave the line or they loose their spot. 4 hours later Robert comes out!!! Tons of screaming fans are everywhere...there are police pushing people...my mom is getting pushed by crazed fans...there is a blond girl with a supersonic scream, yelling "I LOVE YOU EDWARD!!!"...so close to my mom's ear, my mom thinks she lost some of her hearing! My mom is freaking out that my 10 year old sister is gonna get squashed by a ton of people!!! My little sis doesn't help at this, as she is trying to get a closer look herself! At the end of the crazy, tiring day for my mom, my little sister wants to go to Hot Topic and buy an "Edward" shirt and eat something. So, my mom is out $50, has still not eaten, and is exhausted from working so fast and hard to make it to the mall on time and was in line for nothing, as Robert Pattinson couldn't do autograph signing after all! Yep, my mom is not a Twilight fan! Still, she was glad she had the opportunity to do this with Vicky. It reminded her of when she was all into MENUDO and Luis Miguel as a teen!

here are some details from my mom:
-He's ok looking.
-I think he's as tall as Steve.
-That kid needs to eat! He's so dang skinny!
-That's what girls were going crazy for?!
-The little blond girl screaming made me go deaf!


Still, I'm glad I got to live the experience through my mom and little sis! Can't wait for the movie!!!

9 comments:

Weathers Family said...

I love that I can live it through your mom and sister too!!

The Barragan Family said...

That's so funny! Well at least someone from our family got to meet Edward Cullen right (unlike us stuck with our kids and work j.k.)So Vicky is into the Twilight stuff. Good for her!
I can't wait fo rthe movie...

MB

The Sabins said...

That is too funny - I love your recap! I heard it was crazy out there...

Andrea said...

I laughed so hard reading this. I hope your sister realizes what an incredible Mom she has. I once took a little girl in my ward to an N'SYNC concert and by far my favorite part was seeing this 10 year old girl with her Dad who was reading the newspaper and had earplugs in. I wonder if I would do something like that for Micaela someday.

The Blaisdell Family said...

THAT is so funny!! I loved reading both sides of the story. I think we forget as we get older how "crazy" we were at younger ages for so called "cute guys". Your poor mom. I would have been the same way and I DO like Twilight! But how exciting for your little sister. I bet she couldn't even sleep that night. In fact I bet she wore her "edward" shirt to bed:)

kjkabm said...

Jaz, that is too funny! Yes, They are now here in Scottsdale AZ and the line is insane!! Me, I am not that big of a fan to go get in that mess! :0 Besides, home with a sick kiddo today! Check out me blog, I posted about the event :) Miss ya. Glad things are going well in SA!
Jeni M.

Marc said...

I love your post- way too funny! That is cool that your sister got to see him. I'm surprised he's so skinny. - Chrissy (I'm too lazy to sign myself in)

Marcie said...

HaHaHa. That sounds like one crazy day! I wish you could have been you there. I am sure you could have taken all of those little high schooler on.

Kat Curtis said...

I love to see the same thing from both of the perspectives -- that's hilarious! You have an awesome mom. It makes you realize that someday we'll be totally out of the loop too with what's going on with the kids. I used to be in love with Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez from "The Sandlot" when I was little, but I watched it again one day when I came home from college and wondered why I ever liked that scrawny little kid. Fun times.