
His invite!

Pirate cake! It tasted pretty good...


Arggg!

The loot!


Our version of "pin the tail on the donkey".


Pirate mates!
Matthew is FIVE! We love our little guy! He was counting down the days until his party, and seemed to have enjoyed it very much! This year he choose to have a pirate party! Originally he wanted to have a golfing party, but I couldn't find any decor that didn't say "golfing dad" or something like that on it. So, we decided to go for another theme and he really liked the pirate stuff, so he was a happy kid. Matthew really did plan most of the fiesta. I just had to tweak the activities. He wanted me to make a pirate map and bury it and have the kids find the treasure, and in the treasure he wanted me to put money. Of course, I did do some of that stuff -minus the money. Anyway, I did a pirate map style invite for his friends, we did a pirate map to put the "X" on the treasure box game, and we did do the treasure box full chocolate coins and goodies. So, he did have his ideas there, just not so richly as he would have liked. We got a cute cake at our HEB market, but I must say it was NO LINDSAY JARVIS cake! :( After the celebration, we had our guests walk the plank at our pool! Matthew LOVED all his friends and presents, he could not stop talking about it! And since he has been such a good boy this year, Steve and I decided that he deserved a bike! This was probably his best birthday yet! Thank you grandma, uncles, and friends for all the birthday cards and wishes! It made his day super special!
Oh, I almost forgot our birthday list of what our kid is into.
Matthew is 5 and this is what he's into:
-sharks! loves them! wants to know everything about them!
-spongebob (I don't think he will ever outgrow this one.)
-his bike!
-reading about animal facts.
-swimming! he actually did a somersault in the water! and it took him two tries to get it right!
-making Olivia do stuff he wants her to do.
-Thinks the dollar store is awesome! he can actually buy things there with his allowance money!
Jazmin
5 comments:
Wow, what a cute party! Looks like fun. You did a great job.
What a fun idea for a party! Love the invites. Crazy that's he's five allready. I just think of him as the little kid who wouldn't talk in nursery!
You always do such a good job with parties! This one definitely looked awesome.
What a fun party! I think Matthew had some great ideas. I can also understand why you changed some of the activities too!
Happy Birthday Matthew!
Adorable party - looks like fun!
We will have to celebrate when you come up here!
Post a Comment