Thursday, June 5, 2008

Healthy Food



So, since I have been on the "lets eat healthy and organic" kick, I decided to learn to make some tasty dishes for us to start eating better. A few months back, I got a recipe from the show "Everyday Italian" and it's pretty much pasta, cherry tomatoes & cheese with some spinach. It's really simple and good. So, I made this for dinner yesterday and decided to add mushrooms to it. I LOVE MUSHROOMS!!! But Matthew...not so much. As soon as he saw the pasta he let me know he wasn't into the mushrooms.




Our conversation went like this:

Matt- "I don't like grass." referring to the spinach.

Me-"It's not grass, silly! it's spinach. It makes you strong!"

Matt-"Oh, OK."

Me-"good."

Matt- "But I'm not eating the lizard meat!"


I guess mushrooms look like lizards! Man, we suck at eating healthy, even our kid can't recognize veggies!


2 comments:

Jami Black said...

That was hilarious! Kids are so funny-I can't wait til' Madison can hold a conversation-I have feeling it will be a whole new world. Way to go on trying to eat healthy though-and don't worry-in my opinion you are lucky to get kids to eat a good amount no matter what it is!

Marcie said...

That is so funny. Jamis and I were both laughing over it. It is crazy what kids can see their food as. I could never be that creative. Then I imagined you out in the yard trying to catch lizards for dinner and it brought another load of laughs! Can't wait to see you guys again!